Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Courage To Stay With The Question


There is an inherent need in most of us to understand what is going on in our lives.
When I invite people during sessions to let me know what their questions are, often times I get the questions with the possible answers.
"I have digestive issues, because my mother has them."
"I don't allow abundance in my life, because my parents didn't buy me a car for my 16th birthday and ridiculed me for wanting one."
"I have fear of the ocean, because of the shark movie I saw, when I was five years old."

At times we are in such a rush to explain, to others, and ourselves why we are the way that we are, that we jump to the first best conclusion that makes sense. If you ended up with a faulty or incomplete explanation you are blocking the power of the question, which allows the space for more information to come in. Sitting in that space of not knowing can be scary, annoying, boring etc., yet I ask you to try it. Reopen some of your old files and ask again and be open to consider other options. Sometimes a symptom has more than one reason. The digestive problems could be inherited and you could have heavy metal poisoning and you also might be swallowing a lot of negative emotions. In order to resolve the issue, it is necessary to work on all three elements.
At this point I keep my files open until the symptom is gone, because to me that is the real indicator that I found the right answer and trust me the answers are out there, just make sure you keep your antennas on receptive mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment