Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Importance Of Asking The Right Question


When you put out a question or a request to God/the Universe/Divine Source make sure to be specific, because you will get your answer.

Here are a few examples:
In a world that is governed by free will questions that start with 'should', 'supposed to', 'have to' are most answered with 'no'.
"Should I take the new job?"
"Am I supposed to go to the party?"
"Do I have to help my family?"
All these questions would not lead to the answer you are really seeking.

Here are some ways how you could rephrase them, and remember to be sure and determine what your real goal in the situation is.
So you might ask:
"Is this job a good, healthy choice for me regarding my career, my personal evolution, my soul contract, my family, to have balance in my life etc?"
"Is it in alignment with my heart/higher self to go to the party?"
"Is it a divinely aligned choice to assist my family today?"

As you can see you are pre-choosing the direction you wish to travel in, before you ask the question.
If you are not sure of your motivation, explore it first; then you are ready to proceed to the question.
The same goes for being specific with requests.

Here is a funny story that brings the lesson home.
A very dear friend of mine found herself overwhelmed by her life. The chaos created by two small children, a stressful job and a sick parent left her utterly exhausted. She is a very spiritual person and she turned to God for help.
"Please God teach me patience!"
Her prayer was answered. There was a long line at the bank, a traffic jam in the middle of the day, one of her kids got sick and the computer at work broke down.
Near tears she found herself kneeling on the floor:
"Lord, why are you doing this to me? I am exhausted, I can't take anymore."
"My child, you asked me to teach you patience and I have given you plenty of opportunities to learn."
It is then that she understood that what she wanted was an extra dose of patience, like a supplement, not the lesson of it.

Some people have asked me, if Divine Source shouldn't know what we want either way.
The answer I got was that as an older soul one is given more responsibilities and one of them is the ability to be precise with one’s requests. Really not too much to ask , if you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment